Anybody do pavers in Florida?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jerryo, Apr 12, 2007.

1. jerryo

jerryo LawnSite Member
    from nj

Hi still thinking of relocating to sunshine state, wondering how how the hardscape sector of my business would do down in florida. Wondering what you guys charge per square ft. and if I can survive.

P.S. wealther in Jersey still stinks !

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

There are many pavers here. I couldnt tell ya the prices though. Sorry.

3. jerryo

jerryo LawnSite Member
    from nj

What part of Florida are you in?

4. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

the market here on the west coast (tampa) is fludded with that type of work. East coast (boca, wpb, etc..) is where there is alot more $$$

5. FSully

FSully LawnSite Member

And tons of companies, fighting for that shrinking amount of money.

6. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

My folks are snowbirds in Ft. Myers. He actually just got done having his driveway bricked today. He was telling me the differences on how they put it in there versus where were at. The guy charged him $6.50 a sq. ft. installed, which is less than half of what we get up here. There are quite a few differences between northern pavers and southern pavers. Less off days, less soil problems, etc.. But the funny thing was that the owner of the company owned a landscape company in Akron, OH for about 20 years, sold it, moved to Florida to retire when he was in his early 50's, and then started that company down there. He said if he had to do all over, he would have moved down there a lot sooner. Pay's his employees (all hispanic) by the sq. ft. and apparently turns a pretty good profit.