Anybody done mowing yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zz4guy, Oct 16, 2007.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Where are you located?

I'm still mowing most of my customers, all though some have backed off on the frequency. Most are 2 weeks now.

I wish it would just freeze or snow or something! I'm ready for this to be over with allready! :cry:

2. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

not yet, thank the lord. I need to pay bills

3. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Mowing? Hmmm... haven't heard that term in a while....

There is another word that hasn't been used in a while either.... Rain!!!

It's just getting down right pitiful around these parts.

4. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

here in ca. we mow all year long . it slows down in the winter bi-weekly not weekly but we stat busy year around ...no snow and it stays well above 35 degrees in the cold part of the year

5. alwaysgreenirrigation

alwaysgreenirrigation LawnSite Member

still mowing about every week here.....so much rain though it is making it hard ....hopefully will only have to mow 1-2 more times and then some fall clean ups!! Yeh I often think of the LCO's in southern climates cutting all year long.....up here most of the lawn guys do snow removal in the off season. I suppose its a nice change of pace, but I also think it would be nice not to have all the extra overhead and just keep doing lawn care all year.

6. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

i'll be finishing my last mows in the next week here in central MN. Fall clean ups are just starting.

7. Crusis

Crusis LawnSite Member

With the drought a lot of the Southern guys are lucky to cut every other week, so it's sort of like they have an off season one week at a time. Indiana was like that for 3 months too, but we've been getting rain lately.

8. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Depends here, some still need to be cut every week, most are every 2weeks now and there are a couple that have really crappy grass that will get the last cut this week or next week. I can't wait for leaves, something different to do.

9. SouthernCutter

SouthernCutter LawnSite Member

It has looked like its going to rain all day here, but once again, I'm just gettin my hopes up probably....maybe i will make something doing leaves, that would be nice. Maybe it will start raining and stay warm for 6 more months, and i can cut until next seeason!

10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Whats really sucks are those in the middle, w get no snow to plow and it gets to cold to mow all year. We are outa business for the winter :(