Anybody done work for that "Plowz & Mowz"?

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by wes92395, Aug 7, 2014.

1. wes92395

wes92395 LawnSite Member

Pain in the a** to deal with or actually something worth looking into? I had was messing with the app and entered in a few of my yards I currently do and they kicked back prices much cheaper than what I currently have them for so I can't imagine there's any money to be made with these guys
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

Wow that's a horrible site. They must be pricing off the time someone enters It takes to mow. Lame.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

No experience but I have seen people using plows

Cool thing is you have a chance to convert them to a regular customer when servicing the property
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Tn Turf

Tn Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Is this the place that pays like $19 per mow?

5. wes92395

wes92395 LawnSite Member

I would imagine you would probably have to sign a no compete deal with them...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Nope.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. RSMUTAH

RSMUTAH LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Yeah, actually. They do have a non compete in their initial agreement.

They called me this year, and I figured.. Sure, why not? Well, I know why not.

$35 lawn, they're paying $19.57. All one time mows. Which, for me, to schedule a one time mow, I'll usually double the price. Shoulda been a $70 lawn. Got less than $20.

Needless to say, I've deleted to app and would not recommend anyone use them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. wes92395

wes92395 LawnSite Member

I have yet to find anyone that I'm willing to work with as a subcontractor.... I figured it would be nice if I had a free Saturday and wanted to do two or three lawns in the morning just for the heck of it, but I won't get out of bed, drive my truck to a job, use my equipment for hours on a unfamiliar lawn, and only make $10.... I'd give somebody $20 to let me stay in bed rather than work lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Judo

Judo LawnSite Member

They are a joke. Pricing is way to low. Downloaded the app, signed the paperwork but have yet to do one job because we have found its a waste of time.

10. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Signed up about two weeks ago. Did two lawns.

Money was okay on the first one. I think the customer entered some wrong info and the price was inflated. Seen the same lawn last week for a third the price.

Second lawn was close to a $100 lawn and they offered $40. Reason I say it was $100 lawn is because even though they said long grass in the description it it was like it hadn't been mowed in about a month. Weeds by the house were 6ft tall. :laugh: Found an Apiary and almost drove into the fire pit because I couldn't see it; Only reason I didn't was because a block was sticking out of the grass and I thought it came off the wall nearby.

I saw a 10k lawn with 'medium' length grass for close to 100 my first day but it disappeared before I could get a good look at the picture. I keep seeing the same properties so there's a chance to get some sort of schedule planned. Most are too low in price. Almost always requesting service on Fri/Sat/Sun; You would think they'd want it in the week but I guess not.

I'll keep doing it for a few extra bucks here and there just so I can get some advertising in new neighborhoods. The first properties neighbor wants me to sign her up for snow in the winter so I have that going for me.