1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody drive a Dodge?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bbailey, Sep 20, 2006.

1. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Thinking of getting a newer style Dodge Ram Quad cab 2500 4x4 for running around and doing some smaller jobs. The family may be getting bigger soon also with a new addition. So I was wondering what you guys thought of the trucks if you own one and how they have been for you. Post some pics if you got them!:waving:
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The 2500 has the hemi, not a vehicle for "running" around with as you've suggested. Filling that 35 gallon tank can be a bit rough if your not used to it and at about 15 mpg highway it likes to drink.

Good trucks though.
  3. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

or you could always go with a cummings.
  4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup I drive a Dodge... a 1990 Dodge Dakota 2wd 3.9v6..Best truck Ive ever owned.
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I drive a dodge, 2004.5 2500 CTD ( cummins turbo diesel )

Damn good truck, 18mpg city and 22 mpg highway.
  6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

here's mine
    CTD 610

7. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I've got no complaints with my 01 2500 CTD. I'll probably buy another Dodge unless Ford makes some big changes but that's a whole other story.
  8. tal320

tal320 LawnSite Member

You'll want ear plugs to go with that Dodge, kind they use when standing in front of the jets at the airport.

Drive it and then drive Chevy/GMC with Duramax and Allison. Real power, MPG and value. 2007 added the new sound barrier to make it almost sound like a 6.2L gas. The next gen. coming early spring will be better yet.
  9. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

2003 Dodge 2500 qud cab 4x4 cummins diesel here. Always drove chevy/GMC before. 15mpg city not when pulling trailer, and up to 27mpg highway. LOVE it. :clapping: Granted the allison transmission is the best. Comfort is sooooo much better in the dodge than the GMC. GMC is more of a work truck interior. Sorry Ford NO way.
  10. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a 2000 quad cab 4x4 cummins diesel. Love it. Never had a problem with it. Just about ready to hit 62k and almost all of it has been under a load, lawn trailer, horse trailer, cab over camper, plowing. When camping it goes with the camper and horse trailer.