Anybody driving an 08' 3500 Duramax

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by johnnybravo8802, Mar 3, 2009.

1. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I've still got my eye on an 08' 3500 for sale up from my house. It's brand new. It's a standard cab base model with the Duramax/Allison and has a 12' flatbed dump with electric hoist. I drove it and really liked it!!! They will sell it for less than $23,000. I have had others, including other dealers, tell me that that price was unbelievable. One guy said that he didn't believe it and thought they were yanking my crank. On one hand, I should hold off on a truck but this is a steal. On the other hand, I never see the Chevy and wonder why-I thought the Duramax/Allison was the sh@#!!! I know I've aske this before but just decided to revisit the Chevy thing.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

If this is a private sale I would be leary why its being sold so cheap is it stolen or ????

3. MrRob

MrRob LawnSite Member

it must not be that good of a price if its still for sale.....

4. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, but something isn't right if it is that cheap. You never know, they might be really desperate to get rid of it. That truck wouldn't last for more than 2 days around here, whether it was a private seller or dealer. You need to find out how long it has been for sale, and more than a week ask a lot of questions. Run it through carfax also.

Duramax/Allison is a great combination!!!

5. johnnybravo8802

from Ga.

It's a brand new truck being sold at a dealership. If they are pulling something, I'm not sure what. They really have no reason to be desperate-they are a very large dealership that is the largest Corvette dealer in the South.

6. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

If it sits in the lot too long, they have to start paying interest on it. And taxes. Plus it being a 2008 means it already is a model year old and dropped in value.

7. johnnybravo8802

from Ga.

You're exactly right but nobody I talk to can believe the price they have on it, even at that. I had another dealer tell me that they were losing $7000 on the truck and that there was no way he could sell one for that or he would be out of business. It's really odd.

8. MrRob

MrRob LawnSite Member

is it new & did you carfax it? does it have a service history?

9. johnnybravo8802

from Ga.

As stated before, it's a brand new vehicle.

10. Tim C.

Tim C. LawnSite Member

Make sure that price includes the dump body, some dealers will give you the price just for the cab chassis and tack on the price of the body on top of the advertised price.