Anybody driving an 08' 3500 Duramax

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by johnnybravo8802, Mar 3, 2009.

1. MrRob

MrRob LawnSite Member

its worth a check. It could be one of those vehicles that was wrecked while unloading or in transport....Or showed up at the dealer with a blown engine. It happens all the time...

2. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I understand what you're saying but I drove the truck and it seemed fine-felt like a new truck. You think there could still be a chance something is wrong?:confused:

3. MrRob

MrRob LawnSite Member

its worth it to get the records & maybe have a 2nd hand mechanic check it out. You'd be screwed if you bought that truck & it turned out to have a bad tranny or engine....

4. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

Theyre not pulling anything, I'm willing to bet they bought it off a dealership that when out of business.

My dodge dealer had three 2008 3500 dumps, diesel, 4x4 for $24k. I tried to buy one but was denied credit....he bought them off a dealer for $19k each a state away that went under.

...I'd jump on it if you can get it and afford it.

5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

If you do decide to purchase this truck, invest a couple hundred into an attorney to look into the deal! I purchased an 08 3500 allison duramax in december 08. I worked the dealership & salesmen for six months and still paid 32 grand! My rig included plow prep with dual 125 amp alternators, onstar,cloth buckets with console,am/fm/xm/cd, AC,ipod ready,heavy duty towing package, etc. That deal of yours seems too good to be true, i smell a rat?

6. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

That's what everybody is saying. I maintain a Dodge dealership and went to them to match the price(I told them they would be my first choice and that I had just stumbled along this Chevy) and they were in the low 30's after they told me they would give me a better deal from doing their maintenance. A salesman I know there personally, told me that they were yanking my crank and that something was real fishy. However, if the deal is legitimate, they said they would jump on it. You have to remember that the salesman called the next day and claimed he could go lower than that!!!!:weightlifter::weightlifter:

7. TF PLUS

TF PLUS LawnSite Member

Hello Stuvecorp,

I was looking to trade in F150 for larger Ford (350) would you care to share why you would switch.

Thanks, Tom

8. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Dodge down here was running 2nd truck for $1 extra at one point. The dealers are getting worried and want to move stock. There are alot of dealers folding up and the stock has to go somehow.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry for the highjack, Johnny. If Ford still had the 7.3 or even the new and improved 6.0 I would stick with a Ford but I also don't like the new style Fords. I like the newer Chevy/GM style better.

Back to the issue, If the dealer gives a full warranty and you drove it and thought it was okay why not? Hard to beat at that price.

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Lets put it this way if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. That truck here in B.C. would easily be 40,000 dollars.

You sign the papers on the truck then the dealer turns around and does something you could end up owing alot more than you bargained for.