1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody driving an 08' 3500 Duramax

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by johnnybravo8802, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Sounds stupid, but if your buying it from the dealer don't you get the standard warrenty?
  2. ppl

ppl LawnSite Member

I bought my 06 crew cab diesel for 33,500.00 out the door in 06 it is a duramax allison. If the dealler wants to move the truck they can. But, it is a chevy and it will have it's problems.
  3. TF PLUS

TF PLUS LawnSite Member

I apologize as well Johnny, did not intend to be a High-Jack of thread.

Thank you for the info stuvcorp.

4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

If he is looking at buying a brand new truck for his business, I'm sure he has his stuff together enough to read any "fine print" that might be there. There is not to much a dealer can hide on a deal when it comes to how much your paying them for the truck. Esp if your writing a check for it.
  5. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

That's my thought exactly. If the dealer puts $23,000 on a piece of paper, then how can he change that at the final stages? Maybe I'm missing something. The only thing that has made a slight difference in the price in the past is when they add taxes, and that's expected.
  6. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We paid around $36,000 last summer for one, we worked them for 2 months, they would not go any lower with 0% financing. That is a deal.

As far as them putting something in there, you'd be surprised how they slip little processing fees in there and such, I'm sure the truck is new, but as one poster stated read everything, and if nothing else have an attorney look at the paperwork.
  7. T.Brandon

T.Brandon LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice trucks, For mardi gras I parked in an empty lot. My truck sunk (2006 ford f-350 fx4) and I had one pull me out and pulled me with out a strain
  8. tras

tras LawnSite Member

If that price is for real, jump on it. I love mine, and my buddy has 5 of them(all 2008's). Cant go wrong.