Anybody else get fat and out of shape over winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by f50lvr2, Mar 29, 2010.

1. f50lvr2

f50lvr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Man, a couple days of aerating lately really beat home the fact that I let myself go too much this winter.

Feels good to get back out in the sun and move some more though.

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Every winter I feel the same way. It takes a few good sweats to get the feel for things again.

3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I feel fine! And i am 6'3" and weigh 170 lbs
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

that's rather thin! I'm 6'2" and 220lb. but I could stand to loose 10...usually it comes off in april!!! USUALLY!:weightlifter:

5. f50lvr2

It's funny I usually lose weight in the winter because I have more time to go running/lift but last year had a couple surgeries that left me out of action during most of the break.

But, you're right it always takes a couple days to get back in the swing.

6. f50lvr2

7. SuperiorService.110mb.com

SuperiorService.110mb.com LawnSite Member

Gained about 20lbs this winter. First job I did was a 6 hour brush cleanout that should have taken 4. Next job was 11 yrds of mulch going into a backyard, from the road to the backyard is about 100' down hill at a 40-45 degree slope, down hill not bad but just the empty wheelborrow up hill my legs where on fire and probably would have felt worse if I could catch my breath. In a few months I will be able to do that with no problem again, I hope.

8. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Wow that's not helpful at all, what's he want a picture of? Me, my mower? Medium size, Most likely we all have diffrent scales in our head of a medium sized backyard
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

After bicep tendon surgery, 3 screws in my shoulder and like 30 cases of beer during this winter i gained a few pounds myself...lol ill work it off working and at the gym as soon as im able to get back to the gym that is.

10. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

haha i feel the same way. too many bowls of ice cream here. been workin off and on for past 2 weeks, and finally waking up without muscle pains lol makes ya feel like a wuss but it always goes away after the first month back in the swing of things