1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody Else Have This Problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MMLawn, Jun 3, 2006.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Flippin not enough time in the day! We are working sunrise to sunset and can bearly keep up even though I have added 3 new employees this week alone! A couple of weeks ago (and I swear this is true) I even had a 3 man crew pull out at 7AM and not return until 11:45PM that evening. They were doing an install and had to finish with the lights from the truck, and I know they weren't slacking off because this is handsdown my best and most productive guys! That was 16.5 hours in ONE DAY for them alone. Geez.

My office forwarded 52 calls to me on Thursday alone wile I was out in the field with a crew. Five of those calls were from my dealer offering a test on mower if I wanted, three were finalizing a very, very large commercial contract that a couple of guys on here know what it is, four were personal, and the rest all folks wanting some level of commercial maintenance. PLUS I have 4 commercial bids sitting on my desk to finish and fax back by Monday.

Right now I think I am going to change the crews to 4 man ones instead of three man ones.

NOW, I ain't bragging and I ain't complaining cause I know it is a great problem to have, but DANG it makes for some LONG DAYS! I seems like I sit my butt down in the recliner at home at around 8PM on Friday's and poof next thing I know it is already Monday again. :dizzy:
  2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

wish i had that problem
  3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Gotta make hay while the sun shines...winter will be here soon enoough.
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly the problem I have except on a smaller scale...only one crew lol.
    I stresses me out b/c We can't service our customers the way we used to.

I've had an already overbooked route since the end of April, now we are getting the referals, which sucks b/c these are the friends of the ppl. that we currently service, so I have to respond, and it's hard to say no.
  5. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Next time your up in Jersey, come and see me. Just put the finishing touches on my cloning machine. 'Til the you'll have to sleep another day :sleeping:
  6. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

and you spend alot of free time on this site..........M.M.....are you getting addicted? :) cause were always here for ya! LOL:)
  7. MMLawn

Yep, Late evenings and weekends.......relaxing for me pushed back in a reclinder with my wireless laptop......addicted?, dude I've been on here 2 years dude. :dizzy:
  8. hue-nut

hue-nut LawnSite Member

Man I hear yah, my wife and I are the "crew" and we cant keep up so we will be adding our first employee. This is my second year full time and the days are just too short. This is great though, its the best way to grow, slow and steady, learning how to manage it all. We are in a way being forced to grow, all the while focusing in on our niche and weeding out the work that we used to need but didnt really want to do.
  9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

How much money do you want to teach me your vudo dance to get all that work Mike?
  10. MMLawn

I can't teach it cause it's ALL about the looks.........you have to be good looking like me..... :laugh:

I know I have a rough tone sometimes but All joking aside, and the plain truth that many will cry about because they choose not to believe. The Lord has blessed my business and even though I know this business well, I still make NO business decisions without taking them to him in prayer. Say what you will, but I KNOW how my business has been built.