Anybody ever had THIS happen to them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Swampbeast, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Something interesting. I went outside to run my mowers for a few minutes, I started one of the big 61 inch Turf Tigers, and a squirrel came running out from underneath of it. I paid no attention to it, thinking the critter had just scampered in there for a while. Then I turned on the blades, and acorns and pecans started rocketing around all over the inside of my garage! He had a huge pile of em in there! I looked outside, and he was out there spitting mad, jumping up and down scolding me.
    Now, my problem was this, aparently he somehow took the airfilter off of my carbarator. and he managed to get a few really small acorns down into the air intake! This is a 27 HP Kawasaki engine, anybody got any ideas on how to get them out without screwing anything up?

:cool:

2. G. Moose

G. Moose LawnSite Member

no idea......

3. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

use shopvac with crevice tool

4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Fastlane has the best idea, but after you get done with that you should go squirrel hunting because that could of really messed up your machine!:mad:

5. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Pull the spark plugs and the carb. Then slowly turn the motor so the intake valve is open. While doing this have a friend blow compressed air into the cylinders from the spark plug side to blow all crap out of the intake. ;)

6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm still trying to figure out how it would have managed to get the airfilter off the carb.

7. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

IT'S HELD ON BY A WING NUT!:laugh: :laugh:

8. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Hire him for general maintenance! I've had employees that could/would not do that! lol :blob4:

9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I thought that I had equipment storage issues. You sure have me beat.

Gravely_Man

10. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Fastlane, thanks, I tried what you said, it worked. I got all the acorns out.
    I shot the squirrel just a few minutes ago. Its wonderful what a .22 will do.
    You see, there is a cover, that cover is really easy to knock off of the air filter, I am guessing that while he was messing around, he knocked the cover off. Well, then there was an air filter in the way. He chewed through it. Now I have to go get a new air filter.
    I am going to put some traps around my mowers now!
    I am in the process of doing what you said 2mancrew. I hope he didnt screw anything else up.

Thanks for all the help!

:cool: