Anybody ever pack heat

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by 6'7 330, Oct 7, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Years ago we contracted with HUD , many of the homes were in Chicago. As big as I am, I got nervous going into those neighborhoods. Four would do the route, and all four went packing heat. Some of the areas were squaller, crack vials all over the place, dope pedler squatters entrenched in some of the homes. We fulfilled the contract, but neverrrrr again will deal with HUD lol.

How about it, any of you ever have to pack?

2. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

Yeah,

I carry a Glock-29 10MM with Meprolight night sights and LaserMax laser sight in a Galco FED paddle holster. I carry every where I go, every day.

Also I commissioned a special round from Cor-Bon. I have them load their 180 grain hunting 10MM with the JHP instead of the BCSP. It produces over 696 ft. lb. of energy.

HK45Mark23

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

"hk45" carries a glock? interesting.

GEO

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Have to carry a weapon? F*** that...

5. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

....we were sent into the ruins all over central florida....never again! :dizzy:

Dennis

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

its been known to happen once or twice

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Mac, you dont need to pack heat, you look intimidating enough :laugh:

8. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

in Mississippi.your car is considered an extension of your home.you can carry a concealed weapon,loaded,in your vehicle.
    for 100.00 you can apply for a concealed carry permit.looks like a MS.drivers license.
    so yes,i carry a 5 shot,357 revolver in my truck,and if i feel it necessary,on my person.

9. cborden

cborden LawnSite Member
    from 46140

Yes, I don't leave home with out one, normally I carry a 9mm and I have a 12 gauge pump in the truck, I had a bracket made for the shotgun under the seat. I've done H.U.D. units in the past and I no longer take any chances.

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Helping
    Unmotivated
    Derelicts