Anybody ever see a rig like this?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by birdog, Jul 27, 2013.

1. birdog

birdog LawnSite Member
    from NW IN

This is the rig that I followed around on Thursday. Four XR7 Super Z's and a Jacobsen HR9016 on a Kaufman 44' drop deck pulled by a '97 Volvo WCA42T. I was driving the dump truck with two other people so we had a total of five guys. The two girls had the two VX4 Super Z's doing the last of the residentials. Only reason I had the dump instead of a pickup and trailer is because we needed four yards of dirt to fix a bed at the last commercial property. The boss is rather fond of his little Volvo.

[​IMG]

2. nismothunder

nismothunder LawnSite Member

Its a Cute little thing.

Reminds me of what I trained on when I first got my CDL.

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like it would work out great on residential accounts.

4. birdog

birdog LawnSite Member
    from NW IN

Kinda funny you mentioned CDL training. That's the original reason he bought the tractor. He was planning to get a tag to pull our dozer with our 2 ton dump, but decided to just keep the tractor and get a trailer for it and later get a dump trailer instead of a triaxle/tag combo. It ended up being cheaper.

We have used the WAM on a residential account. Usually it does factories and HOA road sides and commons areas. We'd love to demo a Super104 but at only 8.5' it's just a littler piker next to the Jacobsen...

5. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't really tell, got a bigger picture. J/K
    So were talking 12 blades on the Jacobsen.

6. nismothunder

nismothunder LawnSite Member

I ran a quad axle mack dumper with a 25 foot trailer on resdental's. It was fun too back and turn around. Other wise it was easy too drive.

I didn't do that for long since I went house hauling.

7. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL I can mow the place in 20 minutes takes 60 to put all the straps on.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

That's nothing, company by me used to run 3 455D's (then 4100's), 2 WB and a GM 300 with a blower. Crew cab IH and 6 guys. 6 backpacks, 6 trimmers, 6x as much travel time. 5 minutes to the next account comes to 30 minutes. 10 becomes 60.

What always blew me away was having 3 $45,000 mowers sitting while a bunch of guys are walking around with $500 backpack blowers and $300 trimmers.

It looked impressive, but there was no way they were making money except on all day sites, which there aren't very many here in GR.

9. birdog

birdog LawnSite Member
    from NW IN

Eleven actually. Front deck is five for a cutting width of 96" and each wing is three blades which add 48" per side. It is truly a weapon of grass destruction.;)

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Well you don't need that many, only 5 :drinkup: