anybody ever seen this??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mhaysmow, Feb 17, 2006.

1. mhaysmow

mhaysmow LawnSite Member

i saw a guy that had a nice leaf set up... it was a drop down gate out of his pick up bed with high sides on the bed of the truck (some kind of material for the sides not wood sides) any way he had walkers that he could back up the trailer and then drop that gate from his truck into his trailer and back up that and dump the walker straight into the truck bed. i have looked and looked but never seen what company made it. just wonderin if anyone has seen this or knew who makes a set up like that.

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.usaramp.com

Here is a picture of something similar to what you're talking about. I think it was a guy from this site.

dump%20bed%20truck%20003.jpg

3. mhaysmow

mhaysmow LawnSite Member

ya it was just like that only it fit a normal bed not a late bed thanks for the pic though thats what im wantin for leaf cleanups

4. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

dont they have walkers that power lift their collection bins up and dump into the truck?

5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

get the peco vacs an they have a full dump that scissors ups an dumps over the bedsides . i prefer dumping an sucking with loader see ya george

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

7. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Personally I think walkers are too slow, but here are a couple of setups that I have seen. A local lco here has a trailer that has the ramp welded onto the front end of the trailer so that it can be paired with any truck and be able to dump into the back of it. They use a cabover isuzu and dump onto the flatbed. A friend back home used all walker mowers and bagged everything, he had live bottom trailers made and would dump on the front half and carry mowers on the back half. Than at the end of the day kick on the walking floor and it would move all the grass off of it. There are several ways to go, but probably the easiest would be the scissor lift baggers.

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

6 dumps and you are forking grass or leaves. I prefer the leaf loader and fill it as full as you want.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic