1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody ever use a bobcat landplane?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Iceman318, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Iceman318

Iceman318 LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I came across a "bobcat land plane" on an impulse buy at the end of the season. Only paid $250 for it so I'm not concerned in the least, but was wondering if anybody has used one and has some insight? I played with it a bit in the yard and watched a video on youtube, but essentially I have no idea if I have something thats great, or if I have some metal to use for stock haha. Any thoughts?

3055802_1.jpg

2. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

Hey Ice
    Never used one but by all the reviews online it says its a must have. And at 250 it sounds like a great deal. I always jump on great deals. I bought a echo csv-8 for 150 last year at an estate sale and a few landscape guys says I wasted my money. That thing in the fall paid for itself 10xs over.

3. Iceman318

Iceman318 LawnSite Member

Yeah I always jump on any deals I find too, worst case scenario it's something else to add to the stock pile haha

4. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

You stole it! Put that on the front of a SS or tractor and you'll be amazed how easy you can shape flats and contours.

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I would think that would be a must have for final grade.

6. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

I did grades for may years without one...dont know How I ever did!! I just bought a new deere 84" cost me $2500. rippers look a little better on the deere, but you sole it for that price. You will be very happy with it.