Anybody ever use one of these?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sod girl, Feb 2, 2004.

1. sod girl

sod girl LawnSite Member
    from south

2. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

They work quite well. I know several people that use that particular brand of extractor. I have a pre-lube system on my mowers that uses an external 12v pump to bring up the oil presure before I start the engine. Saves the engine from the reportedly 60% engine wear at start-up. It also functions as an easy way to change the oil. I just hook up a hose to the quick disconnect, turn a small valve, press the button and all the oil gets pumped out of the engine into a container. No drain plugs to fuss with anymore. I have a quick disconnect that also alows me to use the pump system on other machines to change the oil.

3. Clark Landscaping

Clark Landscaping LawnSite Member

Could you let me know where you got your preluber, I bought a hi mileage car once that had one on it, the car was in good shape. Thanks

4. sod girl

sod girl LawnSite Member
    from south

Any pictures? Where can I get one?

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks like a great investment. I am glad I saw this post.

burnandreturn,

Does the quick disconnect fit right into where the drain plug should be. An old Troy Bilt WB I had had a similar valve I thought was very useful. Where can you buy the quick disconnects.

6. FlatLander

FlatLander LawnSite Member
    from PA

7. burnandreturn

burnandreturn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Germany

I'm working on a pre-lube/oil change package. The packages I've found are not geared towards small engines so I've had to configure my own. The pump needs to be capable of withstanding the elevated temperatures of hot oil. They need to be chemical resistant, etc. etc. I'm very close to having all the details worked out as to a total synergistic system.

8. sod girl

sod girl LawnSite Member
    from south

What would be the price difference in the two? The air I am sure is more economical. If you have a prelube system then that would make the difference between the two. Can we see a picture? And where can I purchase one once they go to market? Will you be selling these online?

In the picture Prime Line's model seems to be simple with less parts to break, but wouldn't have a pre lube option.

http://www.greenmediaonline.com/li/2004/0401/0401ve1.asp

9. sod girl

sod girl LawnSite Member
    from south

You there Burnandreturn?

10. sod girl

sod girl LawnSite Member
    from south

Burnandreturn!!!!!??????