1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody ever use this Aerator?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Oct 23, 2004.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Has anyone used anything like this or even this particular model? I'm thinking about getting one next year.

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

what brand is that and how much do they go for?? Looks like something I could use for sure.
  3. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

That is an option with the Convertible Mower that is being talked about on this site. (Walkbehind or Riding Mower)

There is a thread about it.

I have not used one.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is the Trac-Vac brand unit. Yes, there is a thread or two on this, recently.
  5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently bought a 3 point hitch aerator for my Kubota and I would never get anything else. You can aerate a 60,000 foot lawn in about an hour with zero fatigue. Last Monday I billed $1600 just in aeration.
  6. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Hi guys, i was reading some threads yesterday and someone mentioned about Gator-Rator (http://www.gator-rator.com/) For those of us that are from SE Michigan, the place is in Canton.

I personally dont have one, but man, it sure looks cool. It looks like a military attachment for a Hummer.Or better yet, it looks like a heavy duty tiller. Anyway, i am not sure how much it costs or anything, but i am planning on calling them, just to get some more information. I live 15 miles from Canton, i might stop by one day. It looks like it's universal, but not sure.

Also, i dont know how the mower will handle the fact that the caster wheels will be up in the air while aerating. Isn't that too much stress on the drive sytem in the back?