1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody from south Tx. ???

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by cl&l c.c. Tx, Sep 27, 2006.

1. cl&l c.c. Tx

cl&l c.c. Tx LawnSite Member

Anybody here from corpus or the surrounding area ?
  2. No Rush

No Rush LawnSite Member

i am in Portland and new to the business. Next month i'm going to an irrigation class in Austin to get my irrigation license.
  3. cut_n_run

cut_n_run LawnSite Member

From corpus christi, sadly
  4. whaler's Mow-Town

whaler's Mow-Town LawnSite Member

Yea while Corpus has its ways of running ya down it also has a wealth of deep pocket fat cats that dont mind shucking out the dough to keep their lawn and greenery maintained. I could pay attention to all the stupid things that go on around here but I refuse.

I purchased a full service LCO in June of 08 after having worked for the company for 6 years. The guy I purchased it from laid the base of the company in people he knew from retail business here in town and ran a phone book ad for the duration of him owning the company which meant we got to pick and choose exactly what yards we mowed. Most LCO's would call me a thief in the industry because I rarely spend more than 45 minutes on a yard and I charge a minimum of 50 bucks per man per hour.

I get generally all the time off I want, never work weekends and still seem to handle the chores and responsibilities of raising two autistic boys. Thats with about a 60-65 yard bi weekly rotation. Whoo Hoo life is good in Corpus! During these summer months I have been clearing 5500 if not just a little higher every month. And oh yea I do that as a solo operation. When my boys are in school like now my wife helps me. (She sees the money and its good exercise too!)
  5. jm3971

jm3971 LawnSite Member

Corpus Here !
  6. Jason.slawncare

Jason.slawncare LawnSite Member

Bay City here. Anybody else closer to Bay City?
  7. BP348

BP348 LawnSite Member

I'm in Corpus.

Anyone work the Calallen area? Anyone have advice on a service shop to use? I was thinking about getting a used Toro so I thought I'd use the Toro place on Airline.

Can you get that 36" SCAG through gates in the Corpus area?
  8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I had to go to a wedding in Corpus in mid summer. I have to ask this question. I got to drive around a pretty large portion on the area and I don't think I EVER saw a gas station that wasn't Valero. Are there any non Valero gas stations in Corpus at all?
  9. BP348

BP348 LawnSite Member

Some but the majority are Valero
  10. BP348

BP348 LawnSite Member

No new people from the Corpus area?