1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody get sick drinkin out of Hoses?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TotalCareSolutions, Sep 5, 2003.

1. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I take advantage of customers hoses way too often. It's beyond unproffessional, I occasionally look like the swamp thing. But it's so hot here in August. I think I often offend my help the way I begin to appear and stink even....

More to the subject, anyone get sick drinkin out of these hoses? How potentially bad for your health is it?
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

think of this.....a dark, damp place.....

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......a breeding ground for BACTERIA!!

i would think twice next time i stick that thing in my mouth if i was you....it even says on manuals for hoses NOT to drink out of them
  3. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

1. I noticed that warning on a hose as I was sucking in a gallon.

2. I immediately thought about the damp, dark bacteria thing...then thought about all the pipes in the ground and in the basements. Of course it may be movin more often.

I do carry H2O in the truck as well, but sometimes convenience is such a factor.
  4. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

What does'nt kill ya,...makes ya stronger.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

totalcare----good point about the pipes, although, water in those is treated and a material is used as to make the water potable
  6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I don't think water dispensed from a hose will hurt you, but don't you think it tastes bad?
  7. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Florida we have these little lizards that are always scurrying about the yards. Once you drink from a hose that has one of these critters hideing in it you'll learn to go back to the truck for the water jug.
  8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Lovin it in this thread from a guy who's handle is "black water." LOL!!

Can't say that I drink from hoses.........always use the iced down 1 gal. jugs in the truck. I have used them a time or two in the middle of the day to rinse off some of the 1/2 inch thick grime that accumulates.
  9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Lends new meaning to the words "lizard breath"
  10. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Heck, Ed, that's just added protien to the diet !!! :D