Anybody getting good leads from their website?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by seolatlanta, Mar 13, 2007.

1. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

I was just wondering how many of you guys were getting good leads and sales from your websites?

Dave

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

not really and im begining to wonder whats wrong with ours. Every client we have obtained and has seen our site always said how nice it looks. We are going to be updating our fixtures page or deleting it. I think our website might be worded a bit to stuffy for my area. Its still totally nessacary to have one tho.

3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I got a call just the other day from someone who found me on the web but I might only get 4 or 5 clients a year strictly from a web search. I direct all of my potential clients to my web site to see examples of my work. It's way better than doing demos. Having a web site also gives you credibility. It's probably the most cost effective thing that you can do as well. Saying that, you must have your site complete before publishing it. One of the worst things that a client can do is to have a site that says "under construction".

4. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

My situation is similar to Paul's. I send everyone through the website first before I will speak to them. As for someone finding me cold through a web search just like Paul the numbers are limited. I got a call yesterday from a new OLP franchisee in Southern california. According to him he gets much activity through his site. However I suspect it's not his site that they are finding first. It's probably the corporate one that is then linked to theirs. I assume OLP has done a good job optimizing their site so it comes up early from a general web search on the major engines.

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

When you get a phone call you need to track where the call came from. Sometimes the website is the finial determination if they will go with you so it needs to have all your info.

6. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

Paul,
    I guess that means I need to get busy-I have a few blank pages!

I've been busy!!

7. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

In my limited experience(3 yrs.), I am finding our website yields more product educated and qualified prospects. We find easier closes with these prospects. Last yr. we started holiday lighting and the website produced most of our leads (30 homes). We also refer other leads to it as a sales brochure as Paul and Mike have mentioned.
    We are starting the process of redoing our site to make it a bit more professional looking. Any suggestions on some designers and costs.
    Thanks

8. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I am having "niteliters" brother redo my site as we speak. He seems to be very talented and the price is right.

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

WE used pete brayman. He is a good friend and talented. I got exactly what I asked for on time and the price was great. Pete@v-fib.net Shocking Media.

He is in upstate NY so might be near ya.

10. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

Thanks Billy and Paul. Niteliters could you PM me with your brothers info or have him contact me. I would like to speak with him about updating my site.
    Thanks