Anybody going to Indy GIE 2000?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Oct 8, 2000.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

Just wondering if some of you are going to Green Industry Expo/2000, Indianapolis? I believe that I will be there providing I can find a ticket. I want to look at hydroseeding equipment.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

When? I haven't heard a word about it! It is usually heavily advertised in PRO but I haven't seen anything. Isn't there usually on in like the summer. How can we find time for that? I think this one is in Nov or something. Right?

Thanks

3. dhicks

dhicks Member

Visit http://www.gieonline.com for more information. Pro and Landscape Management had information. The magazines talked about 300 vendors and plenty of continuing education.

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

GIE (Green Industry Expo) is the trade show during the joint annual conferences of ALCA, PGMS, and PLCAA. Conference moves around each year, generally east of the Mississippi. This year it is in Indianapolis, equipment field day demo on Sunday, Nov. 5 (noon-5), and indoor trade show on Mon (12-6) and Tues (9-3). Educational sessions for all three groups run Sat thru Tues. Pass for trade show is usually $15/day. To register for whole conference as a member of one of the groups is around $150, around $250 for non-members.

This is the best trade show of the year, from the perspective of the lawn care operator. All reps are there to meet the end users, and you can usually ask detail questions about equipment or chemicals and get a good answer on the spot.

This show is not associated with the Louisville Expo held inlate July every year.

5. Shellie

Shellie LawnSite Member

GIE is in Indy Nov 4-7. Turf has free passes for Tuesday admission - let me know if anyone would like one! Hope to see you there!
    Shellie

6. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be there for sure. I plan to be out there for a week, so maybe if we coordinate it some of us could meet one night for cocktails. Or, just sodas.