Anybody have a 5s?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by whiffyspark, Jan 28, 2014.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I'm just undecided. I'm thinking about picking up a 2014 note 10 if I pick up the iPhone.

I currently have the last ipad, but being a geek i always like trying new stuff.

The iPhone 6 is talking about being curved like the LG flex and Samsung round.

So I'm not sure about that

My idea is having the note in the truck for buisness. We have mobile hotspots on our phones so WiFi isnt a issue.

On another note, I saved $100 a month just changing plans lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Did you change companies...or just plans w/in your service company?
    Any details you can share would be appreciated... :)

3. whiffyspark

Changed within company. Went with an updated data plan and their new next plan so we can upgrade every year. They also give a $15 per line credit now

Also will cancel an additional line for another $35
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks.
    Will look into this when I'm next eligible to upgrade come Aug w/ AT&T.
    I heard they're phasing out the old 'grand-fathered in' plans that feature unlimited data like I've had for nearly 4 years now. Will run the numbers then to determine if they're worth sticking with...or whether it's time to switch to another carrier.

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Tell them T-Mobile's offer is too good (they'll buy you out of your AT&T deal) and see what they come back with. You might be surprised at what those few words will do. :)

6. whiffyspark

If you really read into tmobiles terms att is much better. T-Mobile was more expensive as well. I'm going to try it though and see what they say lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. tonygreek

I'm always interested in learning something I might be missing. We currently have AT&T and T-Moblile (and just dumped VZW after nearly a decade). My Nexus5 + no contract T-M is hard to top.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

Micheal : how much of a credit are you guys offering over tmobile?
    Jacob Case: Oh. let me just check about that because last time I check att only give credits to customers from verizon. But let me double check. There might be an update.
    Micheal : tmobile will buy anyone out
    Jacob Case: Yes. We are all aware of that. But you need to think twice before deciding to switch. Let me share information about that.
    Jacob Case: Tmobile is saying that they will pay the cancellation fee..
    Micheal : I know lol I like att
    Micheal : tombile coverage is horrible
    Jacob Case: Exactly hahahaBut the real thing is.. you have to pay first the termination fee, as well as the last bill.
    Jacob Case: then you have to show them the receipt.
    Micheal : that's alot of cash for someone. ATT still has $15 credit for next right?
    Jacob Case: From there, you will have to wait up to 8 weeks for Tmobiles refun
    Jacob Case: Yes that's correct
    Jacob Case: And by the way.
    Jacob Case: We are launching this new promo.
    Jacob Case: where in lines will just be $15
    Micheal : so my 3rd line would only be $15?
    Jacob Case: Yes. You may just wait this coming week because att has this new promo where in. customers will only have to pay $15 per line as long as they enroll to 10Gb plan data.

9. whiffyspark

Jacob Case: Oh. wait for att's new promos. There will be lots of better offers because tmobile's trying to buy everyone.

I'm glad people are finally getting out of the 2 year contract crap

10. tonygreek

You're a terrible negotiator, whiffy. :)

Me: Hi, I'd like to cancel my service.
    ATT: Whoooaa, wait a sec. Why?
    Me: I have a better deal from T-Mobile.
    ATT: Hang on, let me see what we can do. So, I can do a $35 credit for 6 months.