1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody have a 9hp Billy Goat Force blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dfor, Nov 17, 2007.

1. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Looking to buy a Force blower with the 9hp Subaru Robin engine (Monday morning) Dealer quoted $999, but will work on the price a little.

Wondering what you paid for it. Thanks. (did a search, but found no prices)
  2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a great deal try to get him to thro in the optional aim and shoot. I personally like the little wonder 8 horse power better. I have tested both and the 8 has more guts. The 8 is also 200 cheaper.
  3. dfor

That includes the aim and shoot. Yea, I am a little torn between the two. Force is lighter, and has the aim and shoot. LW is heaver but has a Briggs. And $200 cheaper.
    Maybe the newer Briggs are better than they use to be. My current LW is about an 1999 model
  4. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

What are you mainly going to use the blower for? Leaf clean ups or large lot blowing?
  5. dfor

Leaf clean-ups only.
  6. Ground Scapes

Ground Scapes LawnSite Member

get the little wonder.. we just got the optimax and it is amazing.. it is like 6 BR600's put together..
  7. dfor

Are they any better than the 1999 model (that I have now) Anybody know?
  8. maintenanceguy

maintenanceguy LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Just got two quotes on a 9hp subaru billy goat force blower on Friday.

One quote was $1060 and the other was $960. I'd say you're right in the ball park.
  9. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

I've used the 8hp little wonders and they are animals when it comes to leaf clean-ups!! My 2cents
  10. rootslawnservice

rootslawnservice LawnSite Member

I have a 9 hp sub. Force and it pushs real easy. We love it. It blows as good as my old 13 hp honda BG, but rolls much easier.