1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody have an ROPS for sale?

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by mowinginva, Feb 1, 2008.

1. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

We have a 60" Dixie Chopper and need an rops for it. We are able to weld, so we could modify something from another brand of mower. Anybody have one they want to sell?
  2. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

One thing to look at. Are you needing it for employees? If so, if you have an accident and OSHA sees it's been modified, you may be in serious trouble. I would spend the extra money and get one from Dixie if they make one. Just something to think about.
  3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have one from an Everide WArrior you can have it if you come get it its the folding one

my zip is 08318
  4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

What he said. An injury in an accident with anything homebrew can bring down the wrath of the Feds or State. Unless it is legally required by someone you have a contract with, going ROPSless could be cheaper in the long run. Such is the legal state in the :usflag:.
  5. mowinginva

Thanks for the thought about employees. We're a family owned and operated business - no hired employees, so that wouldn't be a problem. We want the rops for safety reasons - we're in the mountains.
  6. mowinginva

You're from Elmer, NJ. That's neat, we used to live in Burlington County. I grew up in Jersey. I'll let you know if we would consider that. I'm quite sure we wouldn't come up just for that, but if we incorperated it with something else. Any way, I don't know - will let you know. Thanks
  7. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

dixie offers a few options for ROPS. personally, i think think these should be standard on all dixie choppers, exmark includes them on all their lazers so why not dixie?
  8. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

I have two if ya want them....up here in NJ. Both off Exmarks....a 52" Lazer Z and Z HP.
  9. mowinginva

Yea, I agree. That would be nice.
  10. mowinginva