1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody have good luck with T-shirts bringing business??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WalkerMan9669, Mar 23, 2005.

1. WalkerMan9669

WalkerMan9669 LawnSite Member

I recently had some t-shirts made with our phone number, company name, and logo.....and came in 3 different colors. Has anybody had any good luck getting business from people asking about your shirt?
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I can't say that I have. But I don't have my phone number or any type of large screen printing on the back.
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

nope, can't say that we have ever picked up a customer because of our t-shirts.
  4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Nope, don't think we have either but I still think it looks more proffesional if a crew is wearing "company wear".
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Not from just shirts but that only part of the look you need to present, Add truck with graphic and a nice shirt, professional bid sheet with logo and it goes a long way in gaining customers.
  6. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I surprisingly have had luck with t shirts and advertising. I originally got the t shirts and sweatshirts for work uniforms, but got requests from friends if they could have some. Ive worn them out and have had people inquire about my services. You just need to watch out who you give them to since they could bring unwanted attention to your business.
  7. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

To me t shirts are for looking professional not really for advertizement
  8. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I use to have polo style shirts with embroiderd logo on them. Looked good too. Made the crew look top notch. But, after going through a box very quickly, I tried to make others last longer. Before too long, I noticed they were not looking as sharp once a little wear. Now, I just buy regular T's at Wal-mart for all of us. Easier to toss them away when they get to looking alittle worn. As long as everyone is wearing the same color, we look good.

About the same amount of money I spent on logo'd shirts for a month, now pays for a months in-line ad in the phone book. I do not think I ever got any business because of shirt as a ad situation, but they do help with the overall image of the company. If I go to meet a prospective client or make a cold call, I will wear one of my logo'd shirts. But, out while working, shirts are just plain.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Image is everything. (OK the product is important but for this thread--) We keep a look and color theme on all the trucks and trailers and stationary and ad's and yes, Shirts. I think that helps more than the shirt itself. We do not have # on the shirt, just logo on the breast.

I have a logo on most of the stuff that a lot of people ask about. Just a simple mower going through the grass with rough grass on the front and perfect grass out the back. The kicker is that my 9 year old daughter (now 13) designed and drew it on her own and when I tell the client that they think that is cool. Does not mean much but just a little to help get close to your customer and make them feel more at ease with you.
    Same with the image. No matter which crew is on the property they still look the same and that makes the customer feel comfortable. Every little bit helps.
  10. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

GOODWILL has great prices on shirts :cool2:

Im sure most "scrubs" can afford 50cents for a shirt....LOL !!!!! :dizzy: