Anybody have one of these?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Pastures, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

www.dumpandgo.com

PLEASE, I dont want to hear about your friends, sisters, uncles, brother in law's, son on your wife's side who HAD one, I want to hear from people who have spent the $13K :eek: on one of these open trailers.

How's it holding up?

2. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I know you said you want real experience but my only comment is that I saw it at Louisville and was REALLY impressed witht he design. If I had 13k and a truck to put it on and bagged alot of grass I would get it. I like the hydro drop dovetail for loading. Only thing is all hydrolics are run off one small engine and i think they showed a briggs motor on the one at the Expo. I'd think that would be the weak link since it's running all the time while you are cutting. Motor will get alot of hours just idleing. Check and see if it has an remote start option on the motor along with the dump feature. if so then the motor may not get as many hours on it. Other than that, its a great idea for the person that has a need for it. Make sure the debri container is big enough to last all day without dumping mid day.

Scot

3. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Not to go off your topic here but there is a company in the midwest that advertises in a landscape magizine for a product like this but it mounts to your existing dump truck body and only cost about $3000.00. I'll have to look for the ad and post info for you if you're interested.

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I'm interested in anything that I can use as a dump box. I do have an enclosed trailer now though.

5. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

My friends, sisters, uncles, brother in law's, son saw the website and thought it looked like a big ol' truck with a neat body on it:)

J/k

6. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

Lco in my town just bought one 2 months ago.
    first one unrahfab built after buing dumo-n-go
    very nice rig... little tall 12' to top of rail. Other than that nothing better. His is one big box, no flat bed for mowers, he pulls a trailer still. he says the best money he has ever spent. he does do a lot of bagging all summer too though. that is the only way to absorb that kind of cost.. very nice unit

shawn