Anybody have pictures of an installed EZchute?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GripB, Apr 23, 2005.

1. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

It looks like the EZchute's handle is located back toward the seat more than the Qwikchute and other OCDC's. It looks like it may be easier to operate. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy the EZchute but just trying to figure out if I'm right or wrong about the control handle. Let me know. Thanx!

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

3. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

Thanx 65hoss!! That's what I thought, the handle is closer to the seat than others. How do you like it? Looks like you mounted the handle assembly to the piece of steel on the deck where the chain is connected (no drilling?)

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Actually I think I had to drill only 2 holes to mount and that was it.
    I really like the ezchute. I like having the handle that close. I barely have to move my arm to open and close the door with one small quick movement. No reaching for it. When I need another I would buy from them again.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see how that stays closed???

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Oh great...the over-thinker has shown up. :p :p

Weight and the way its designed keeps it down. Never had a problem with it.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, yeah, I guess the spring helps some too huh? :p

Didn't see that before.

8. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

65hoss,
    That is just 2 positions open and closed? nothing in between right?

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Correct. But since its so close to you, if you need to slightly open or close it for a few seconds you just hold it in place at wherever you need it. No biggie.

10. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

The closeness of the control handle is one of the biggest advantages of the ezchute. As you come up to an obstacle (something you don’t want to spray grass all over) you can steer an exmark with your left hand (because the handles come so close together you can get your hand on both controls) and control the ezchute height with your right hand. You can completely shut it off if you are going right next to something or you can hold it slightly open to prevent clumping. This is very important on the 2nd or 3rd pass away from something. When you just want to knock the clippings down to keep them off the obstacle. It sounds complicated but it is really simple to do. After a few times you can do it without slowing down as you pass.

I may be wrong, but it appears you would need to stop to “reach” the control handle on the other ocdcs as you approach an obstacle, then stop again after you pass the obstacle to re-open the ocdc. In situations where you just want to knock clippings down as you pass, this could be a very time consuming process.

I would be interested in hearing from some qwikchute and ACS users about the “on the go” abilities of those ocdcs. Can you drive and control the ocdc at the same time? Or do you need to stop to position it?