Anybody have thoughts or experience with Husqvarna 323L vs 326LS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by clydesdale, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's interesting. Thanks. I have never had any problem with mine in the two full seasons I've used it, so never had any reason to take it off and look at it. Mine feels just like my FS90 and FS250 when pulling it. I would never have known that it had a spring assist in it. Mine came right from Husqvarna to my door though, so maybe I have a std pull starter on mine for some reason.

2. chippewaTD

chippewaTD LawnSite Member

I actually had no idea about the 20% off fleet pricing deal. I still feel like I got a good deal though. They are great guys and the repair man is the one who sold it to me. So he was able to tell me all the ins and outs of each one and which ones have had trouble in the past. He told me the local Lowes sends all of their repairs to him. I was pretty shocked about that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mayhem69

mayhem69 LawnSite Member

I went out just to give the new trimmer a run today and its not kicking back to slow idle now! It was yesterday when i bought it, now its not. It just runs at about mid range, i cant get it to run on slow idle, damn! Having problems already!! I knew i shoulda went with the 326. Takin it to the dealer tomorrow and see if he'll do the exchange!

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That's where mine runs until I take the choke off and burp it. Make sure the choke knob is turning to off completely and make sure to squeeze the trigger to full throttle to release it from the starting position it goes to when you choke it. Little crap can happen on any machine. Don't panick just yet. LOL

5. mayhem69

mayhem69 LawnSite Member

ok, i guess i am overreacting, thanks! i'll try it again!

6. chippewaTD

chippewaTD LawnSite Member

My dealer said the first few times you may have to prime it about 15-20 times just to get the fuel flowing threw the carb. Try that and see if it works for ya.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. mayhem69

mayhem69 LawnSite Member

ok, i will try that before i take it back today. It is now running mid range and my finger isnt even on the throttle! something seems screwy!
    I may just drop it off and show him today, i am going that way anyway. Maybe i will upgrade to the 326 if he lets me!

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Did you burp the throttle like I told you in my last post? When you set the choke, it also sets the throttle lock which is at the mid range point for starting. After it fires, you have to take the choke off, and let it run a few seconds. Then you burp the throttle to release the throttle lock.

How many times you prime it has nothing to do with it running at mid throttle after starting it.

9. mayhem69

mayhem69 LawnSite Member

yes, i did all that, that is the problem its not burping

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

It sounds like someone screwed the idle screw in too far then. try backing it out some.