1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody hear of this company...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grandview (2006), Jun 17, 2007.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

One of my accounts sent out a notice that they are going to be using a company called ARIBA. Any word on them.
  2. grandview (2006)

I received a email today from them. This company is basically a management company. What you have to is bid on the landscaping and snowplowing but they have it as a reverse auction. So you keep bidding as low as you can go if you want the work. I sent them back a message to F OFF!
  3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

hahahahaha, I can tell you I feel the same way sometimes, just hope you didn't burn any future bridges. The thing that is irritating is everyone wants the lowest price for the service and because of illegals and many other reasons, the prices have stayed low for the last 20-30 years. Its too bad there wasn't some kind of low end price that nobody could go under then each year gradually move it up with the rate of inflation at least, then we wouldn't have all of this ultra low bidding. Not even sure if you will follow my lack of sleep logic :sleeping: I feel for you though, that is happening more and more it seems.
  4. grandview (2006)

I was doing a quick preview of what they want. I maybe wrong but doesn't a hight of 5 inches for the grass seem a little much ?
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I had a co contaice me like this....

I went and looked at the house and gave them a bid,,,, then they told me that they only have so much in the budget for that proptery " it was like 20 less than my bid" so I told them Ok I can do that....

well then they sent me a ton of do's and donts,,,,,,
    I sent them back an E-mail saying F- OFF,

" just hope you didn't burn any future bridges "

only ones that yuo dont need to cross again....

U did the right thing