Anybody in Ky that can help with a DBA??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by chrisvinky, Aug 13, 2007.

1. chrisvinky

chrisvinky LawnSite Senior Member

I am in Muhlenberg county, KY and have been trying to get a DBA for my business. The morons at the courthouse don't have a clue as to what I need to fill out. The state says that in a sole proprietorship under an assumed name(DBA), it is not filed at the state level, only the county level. I have to have something saying that I have a DBA certificate to get a business checking account.

The county clerk here even told me to not worry about it, to "just go and mow some yards"!!!:hammerhead:

I am about ready to pull my hair out. I have been to the courthouse twice and been on the phone with the sec. of state twice - still no answers. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :mad: :mad:
  2. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Most banks will open an account as long as they have a social security number
    or tax ID
    Worst case is that they add your name to the checks.

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

what he said
  4. BFLL

BFLL LawnSite Member

I am also from Ky and the only DBA you need is a checking account to cash business checks.
  5. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I'm not from Kentucky but here I went to the county Recorder's office to file my DBA.