1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anybody in the upper midwest...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Sep 18, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

having major problems with the lack of rain. The last 3 weeks our gross income has slowed to an almost stop. We are going to come short on our projected goal this month by at least $3,500.00.

Anybody else feeling it?
  2. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

Just have your customers contact me and I'll be more than Happy to install a sprinkling system in their yards to get that grass growing for you again!
  3. Randys Lawn Service

Randys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I have a yard that hasn't mowed since July 20th!!! It's a sodded yard and until last week haven't rain in almost month and a half.
  4. Randys Lawn Service

Randys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I mow a yard that hasn't been mowed since July 20th!!!! Haven't had hardly any rain in about 6 weeks (unitl last Thursday) and nobody waters!!!
  5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

tied,it should get better,we have rain on the way 2nite from isabel so any at this time would be helpful..no rain plenty of pain...
  6. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

I feel your guys pain no water here but its been starting to rain agian so hopefuly things will green up.
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

It has been dry down here in SE Michigan for the last few weeks, but it really hasn't affected my mowing schedule. It's been cool at night and most yards are still growing. This has been a banner year for me with all the rain we received. It's a nice change of pace over the past 2 years.

Isabella is coming in from the east, and another storm system coming in from the west, so Friday looks like a nice rainy mess. It'll bring some water to the state for sure.

Good luck, Tiedeman.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear that gents. It has been the best season for us in the 8 years doing it. Rain at almost perfect timing here in GB. I have only skipped 2 mowings for lack of growth this season. Not 2 rounds 2 single mows. I would usually be on a 10 to 14 day cycle but I could have been on a 4 or 5 day. It was like spring growth almost all year. I hope you get some moisture before the winter sets in.
  9. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in NW Ohio and we have had a very wet season. I think I skipped 4 yards in early July due to dryness. In fact, I've been cutting several lawns twice a week for most of the season.