Anybody installing SOFTRAK greens...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by allstar, Jul 27, 2004.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

While this sounds like a great idea-at least a good "add-on" for a landscaping business-I can't seem to find anyone who's actually succeeding at.Is anyone here installing these greens and found it to be a sound investment?Just wondering.
  2. bbhlawn

bbhlawn LawnSite Member

I'm wondering the same thing. I just got the information package from them, but I'm still looking it over. 10 Grand seems a little steep to me for the stuff they are offering, but if I land a bunch of jobs maybe it would be a good return on investment.

Any thoughts anybody?
  3. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Since posting this I have talked to a couple of dealers who are doing quite well and this is ALL that they do.So I'm a little more hopeful now than I was before.
    I haven't received my packet yet but it's my understanding that you purchase a territory and when you do noone else is allowed to market SOFTRAK in that geographical area.What else do you get for the $10,000,bbhlawn?
  4. bbhlawn

bbhlawn LawnSite Member

You get some special equipment from Softrak. With the fee is included a 750sqft practice green, they will have somebody onsite to help you along the way with the ins and outs of a installation. Then they include some sale letters and things like that. Of course for some additional fees there are some add on things like sales coaching and some other equipment you might need.

I'm supposed to talk with the marketing guy on monday, so we will see what he has to say. I don't know about buying the whole location thing, but I like that idea.
  5. Brother1

Brother1 LawnSite Member

Do you guys have a website or something with info on this company?? I'm starting to look into some add-ons for next year and this was one thing we were looking into. There are a bunch of companies out there so trying to get info on them before making any decisions. Any info is greatly appreciated.
  6. bbhlawn

bbhlawn LawnSite Member

I reached them through The marketing guy is on vacation until next Monday. It sounds like a nice add on, but I'm not so sure I want to drop the 10 grand until I know for sure about a return. I'll let you know what they have to say after I talk to them.
  7. capital

capital LawnSite Member

I am a Softrack install if you have any questions email me or call.
  8. Black95gt

Black95gt LawnSite Member

I am from Sioux City, IA and seen that the closest dealers to sioux city are in Des Moines and Sioux Falls. Is there much demand in the Des Moines area for this product? If so/not, what are your biggest clients? Homeowners? Businesses? Golf courses/shops? I would think there would be alot of homeowners that would like them, but dont know if they would want to pay the price. I dont know what one costs, but it looks like each one would be pretty pricey. I wouldnt mind getting into it and getting the area from sioux city - Omaha-Lincoln areas. There is no dealers/installers in these areas yet. Let me know what you think and how your business is.