Anybody into stamped concrete?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by North Country, Aug 27, 2004.

1. North Country

North Country LawnSite Member

Anybody into stamped concrete? Just wondering as I'm thinking about venturing into it. Any pointers or heads ups would be great.

I'm hearing that the stamps are around 2000 per set. Not sure who makes them yet...gonna look around.
  2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I personally prefer stamped, stenciled, colored concrete to pavers. Why? The biggest drawback to pavers is moss and weeds growing between them. I service several multi million dollar estates and many of the owners are dissatisfied with the moss/weed issues associated with the pavers. Most of the paver installers told the homeowners that the weed barrier would keep weeds out. Then they told the owners that the pavers needed expensive sealers. The problem was that weed seeds blow around and grow on top of the sand between the joints. One guy was so tired of it, that he ripped out in excess of 10,000 sf of pavers and had stenciled/stamped concrete installed. He's been ecstatic about it for the last couple of years he's had it. I see stamped/stenciled concrete as a growing field in the landscape industry. Good luck in your venture!
  3. Mark Lawncare

Mark Lawncare LawnSite Member

I've seen it on some new homes around here it looks pretty good.
  4. jwlawncare

jwlawncare LawnSite Member

From a guy that does stamped work to you, make sure you go to a three day to a week class on stamping. It is hard work that if you do not know what you are doing will come out looking like garbage, and give stamping a bad name. Just do a search on the web to find out more on some of the companys that give these classes.
  5. North Country

North Country LawnSite Member

I'm having trouble locating a longer class like you mention in the northeast.....any ideas?