Anybody know what that thing is?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Cheryl, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hi guys. You too Ric.

Saw a "Lawn Doctor" tech. on a stand up spreader/sprayer. I don't think it was the Z-Spray Jr. But similar. Looked slow as heck. Anybody know what they use?

P.S. Ric, just having some fun. Don't get bent out of shape or do any "head stands"

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Perma Greens' ride on spreader/sprayer.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

...Actually, it probably wasn't a PG, that a Lawn Doc tech would be using,... because they have their own exclusive machines that do this. They have both a sit down unit, and a stand up unit for narrow access areas. These machines are nothing but awesome. Unfortunately, they're nothing but Patented, too. They have a whole different set-up that slows down the feed rate when the machine slows down, so the calibration is always right on, even DURING the slow-down or acceleration. The way they load these machines is really something else, because the techs don't even get dirty. The ones in this area wear Dockers, casual shoes, and white shirts (that stay white). They look more like salesmaen than lawn techs. :)

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

To all members and maybe even Cheryl

The Lawn Doctor Spreader Sprayer is in fact a patented model that only Lawn Doctor franchisee can use. I am not for sure but Believe they are rented to the franchisee and owned by the parent company. They are a well planned well made unit that can apply 3 separate granular produce at the same time, from 3 separate hoppers. They also are a boom sprayer. They are a combo of a Honda gas engine and a 12 volt electric system. They are made of top of the line material that does not rust. These units come with a wash rack that can recover the wash water to be reused for spraying. The EPA and Rachel Carson loves this. The wash rack is stationary at the chemical storage site.

One of my competitors is a Lawn Doctor franchisee and a nice guy with whom I am friendly with. He has been kind enough to show me his set up. He has the walk behind unit, but tells me he would like to move up to a ride on unit. Since I have never seen a ride on unit that is Oneupmanship point for Cheryl.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ric,
    This ride on set-up they have is nothing short of awesome. It's hard to believe how FAST this thing is. It's like a Z, but seems wider to carry the material. I must say, I love their refilling set-up. Don't even get your hands dirty.

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Sorry, I am humbled.:)

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ken, seriously, these things are awesome. If you ever have the chance to check one out, please do so. I fell in love with it, and was quickly shot down when told about the patent on it. I just wonder if and when the patent runs out, and if this is the shape of things to come.:)

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here are some pics of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Team Gopher,

The bottom one looks like the one Lesco sells.

10. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Cheryl
    It is, Lesco sells the Perma-green unit. Kind of a joint venture where Lesco put their hopper to it and perma-green developed most everything else.