Anybody leasing their equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TrimPro, Apr 11, 2000.

1. TrimPro

TrimPro LawnSite Member
    from MN

Anyone leasing equipment? I'm considering it to keep refreshing with new equipment and use my cash to grow. Please share your thoughts.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I am presently "leasing" an Exmark Metro 36" for 3 years. At the end of the 3 year period they will either sell me the machine for 1 dollar or I can give it back. Guess what I'm gonna do.
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I am leasing my 2000 Dixie Chopper xw2500,the no money down and $1 buyout are good if you dont want to spend your cash.Its for 3 years,and it costs about $20 more a month than buying,but the tax benefits out weigh that.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
  4. sdgoes

sdgoes LawnSite Member

John,<br>Hope you don't mind me asking, but want are the payments running.<br>thanks,<br>Steve
  5. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i was going to ask the same question about the payments, also is there any waranty benifits from leasing? does your insurance cover leased equipment?<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

i am currently leasing an exmark 52&quot; inch walk behind and an 8h.p. little wonder blower, both are good and i've never even had a hiccup from either, as for leasing, good for tax benefits if your income warrants the extra price of leasing , if you are a part timer straight financung may be a better option. leases require insurance on equipment for theft and such if you don't carry this coverage the leasing co. will sell it to you. as for warranty....manufacturers warr is all you'll get.
  7. TrimPro

TrimPro LawnSite Member
    from MN

What leasing companies do you work with? Did you find them through the dealer or did you work directly with the companies? Are there some good national lease companies that specialize in this type of equipment? Sorry for all the questions. I've heard sometimes the dealer marks up the financing.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I used Telmark 1-800-451-3322. The dealer has no control over the leasing terms Telmark provides you.
  9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto on Telmark, I have 2 leases going with them right now! One is a balloon payment set-up and the other is set up on monthly payments.<p>Homer
  10. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R LawnSite Member
    from ny

how much are the payments? is it more the buying the machine out right? any down payments? how many hours do you get per year? who does all the maintenance?