Anybody mow in there own neighborhood?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Amco Landscaping, May 21, 2005.

1. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

I just moved into this neighborhood and i see that there are 4 house done by one company all on my street. Do you guys mow your neighbors properties? I am thinking of getting friendly with them and trying to mow their lawn either this season or next. How nice would that be i wouldnt even have to drive anyplace just open up my garage and ride the mower down the street.

Matt

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do several in my subdivision. Don't know about the open the garage thing though.

3. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

I do five lawns in my neighborhood inlcuding the two next door to me and one across the street. Its pretty nice to walk next door and knock them out fast and they pay me well too. By far my favorite lawns
    EHO

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just like Eho I do the house next door and the "Estate" across the street. Close to home is how you want them. I did 11 lawns Thursday fior a total of $565 and drove 7 miles.

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

This is my first season in this neighborhood, picked up 5 accounts, and they are the most convenient of them all. Communication is easy and tends to be more friendly as well.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have always had at least 5 yards in my neighborhood

7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

15 in this neighborhood

8. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

18 in my old neighborhood :drinkup:

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I have a conservitave neighborhood. Almost all are between 50-70 and all are still in decent health. They all mow their own lawns. I do maybe 30-40 per year when they take a vacation. Never more than 3 weeks in a row. Most seem to like to do it themselves.
    Next neighborhood over I have over half of my accounts. All between the ages of 30-50. NO one likes to mow their lawns there.

10. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I have a policy - no friends, family or neighbors. I've done a few small side jobs for a couple of neighbors but I really have no desire to have an ongoing business relationship with them.