1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody need some rain?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Mar 16, 2005.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Got up this morning already way behind schedule, and it was raining big time, like it has for past several weeks. I have a 16 hour shrub job, 2 fertilizer applications, 8 yards to mow and in need of some serious payup flow. Also 3 small shrub jobs all by Friday and I have a all day appoinment with the heart dr. tommorow. I know in a short time I will be begging for rain but sure wished it would have held off for a few! Well, if nothing else, I can go to lawn site. :D
  2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

*doing the sun-dance* :cool2:
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Michigan rain is the last thing I'm thinkin of.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Do it, First week of maintenance and it looks like I will get one day in.
    And with our clay the ground is so soft that there is no way to get on it.
    Summer rain is OK, but this is bummer. Dropped some mulch this morning and than went home.

Thank God for handyman work.
  5. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Keep your damn rain! I have been getting everything coming up from ATL! Luckily my guys are waterdogs! And thankfully, we have not needed to cut yet, so we are still trying to get things ready for mowing time. All of my contracts are annual, so if I don't mow, I am still getting paid! :)
  6. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

it was suppose to rain today, 50% chance, storm took a detour.....keep the rain there.......hope your Dr. visit goes well.....no stress!!! :)
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We'll take it Danny...could use it to melt the rest of this snow away.
  8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

It is pouring down rain here and windy and a chilly 42 degrees. A couple of days ago it was a sunny 77 degrees. Suppose to rain for a few days. Looks like spring will be delayed and that sucks. It didnt stay warm long enough to get the grass growing. The weeds are shooting up though.
  9. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

rain.......... LUCKY!!!!!!!!!
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Chilly for you Charles is probably the low 60's...lol