Anybody offering mosquito sprays this year?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pilgrims' Pride, May 31, 2005.

1. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I noticed the lirrle buggers chewin on my kids late yesterday.
    Got me thinkin' again.
    Last year there was quite a buzz (NO PUN INTENDED!) about spraying for mosquitoes.
    Is anyone going to continue and what will be the weapon of choice?

2. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am.

Going with Mosquito Barrier again this year.

David

3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I sold one last year and they were happy with it. Said it lasted a couple of weeks or so. I am thinking about just mixing it in with my shrub/landscape apps and using it as a selling tool.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks

4. MikeD520

MikeD520 LawnSite Member

Talstar One is my choice and possibly an IGR if the situation is correct. And, also Altosid slow-release granules or brickettes applied in areas where water holds. Quick-knockdown/immediate relief entails an application by thermo-fogger. Multiple applications of will be necessary to maintain suppression of mosquitoes..

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't mean to hijack your thread Pilgrim.....

but asking about mosquito sprays got me thinking....

Anyone know what happend to James?? (Cormier?)

I'm assuming he was one of the casualties when whatever happened w/the Permagreen ordeal or whatever it was, but just thought I'd ask.

I wasn't really paying attention when there was all the hub-bub, too busy cutting wood last winter, just caught the tail end of some posts here and there.

6. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Hey There Drew,

Hope the week goes well. With all this rain we have had and the holiday putting us back a day I bet you are as busy as we are trying to catch up :waving:

Question for ya.....do you know if mosquito spraying is covered by TDA or is that another structural area *we really need to get both you know*

With the rising threat of West Nile I would think this would be a popular service.

7. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

You may need to be careful in advertising for mosquito control. Mosquitos are considered disease vectors and at least in some places require an extra license classification than just turf pesticide usage. Now if you are spraying for some other insect (i.e. aphids, chinch bugs) and your application and product also just happen to control mosquitos then that is a different story, know what I mean?