Anybody order from Shea's Bay???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I just ordered an embroidered hooded sweatshirt from the above mentioned. I should have asked you guys before I placed the order, but, anybody have experience with them??? If so how is the quality? Thanks.

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good question...I was thinking of ordering the exact same thing. I know they have their ads plastered all over Turf Magazine, but does anyone know about their work?

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ivr seen that add also, Ive wanted to order one also just to see how the quality was. Try to post back when it arrives, I would like to know your thoughts on the products and service

wayne

4. Grits

from Florida

I am not sure if the ad is misleading but the total was more than $20.00, like the are advertising. But maybe the discount will be applied, I don't know. I got my logo on front left corner and on the back. The total was $50-something after shipping. Which isn't that bad of a deal for 1 sweatshirt. I have paid that much in stores for athletic brand name sweatshirts. I guess I will find out more when it arrives. I will let ya'll know.

5. Grits

from Florida

So far the customer service has been GREAT! The owner has been communicating with me via e-mail about various aspects of my order. I e-mailed them to ask about the discount as advertised being applied to my order and they assured me it will be applied. My cost is still quite a bit more but that is because I am also having a big logo put on the back. They have replied to emails within hours of me sending them. They will be emailing me Monday or Tuesday with the embroidered logo. Again, so far it has been GREAT!

6. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

$50.00 dollars is very high for a hooded sweatshirt with logo screen printied on We pay $22.00 I think if we order just one. If we order more then the price goes down per shirt depending on the amount we order. Hope this helps. Oh yeah it only takes about a week with the local guy. Here is a tip for anyone looking for uniforms. Don't go with the big company's. Go with a local small family run store they are far cheaper and usually more helpful and better quality because they want repeat business. The big ones don't care either way. Because they cost more they must be better.

7. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I called up they wanted $25.00 for embroidered & a full screen on the back. I didn't go with them though because they "couldn't" show me what the back would look like. Plus I'm buying my own sweatshirts and gonna just have them made by me so I can see exactly what its gonna look like.

8. Grits

from Florida

Well I FINALLY got me sweatshirt today. There was a problem with shipping that took a little bit to get straightened out. I was beginning to get discouraged. Communication got a little weak and I thought I might be getting took for a ride. But in the end they got everything straightened out...shipped a new sweatshirt on the 28th and it was here today. The quality of the embroidery looks great. I got it on the fron left breast and full on the back. Again this is embroidery..not screen printing like someone had mentioned earlier. I am very happy with the sweatshirt....I just hate that the order got screwed up....but these things happen every once in a while.
    But again the hooded sweatshirt is very high quality and so is the embroidery work. So overall I am happy and will probably order from them again.

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

So how much did the $20 sweatshirt cost? How much of that was a design set up fee? How much was the shipping?

Sorry for being so nosey...........I was just curious how misleading the add is/was and can you post a picture of it also?

wayne

10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang it did take a while huh? I was waiting...and waiting...and waiting to hear what you thought lol Glad you got it! Im sure I'll give em a shot too.