Anybody put a Cyclone Rake hitch on a Tiger Cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by md0077, Oct 14, 2005.

1. md0077

md0077 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Cyclone Rake for my Tiger Cub. I cannot seem to find a good place to attach the hitch. The guys at Cyclone Rake assured me it was not problem putting it on the Scag before I bought it and now they tell me I am on my own.

It is supposed to be 10-14 inch from the ground. Looks like I will need to fabricate some sort of steel plate if I want to keep this thing.

Has anyone done this?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Give us some pics...we'll come up with something.

3. md0077

md0077 LawnSite Member

I think I have it figured out Runner. Scag makes a trailer hitch that I already have for pulling that mounts in the center of the bottom of the frame. If I just buy another hitch from Scag and relocate them to opposite ends to correspond with the Cyclone rakes hitch pins it should work find. They use two hitch pins to stop it from jack knifing.

I would not need to even use the hitch plate that comes with the Rake.

I will post some pics when I finish.

Thanks for your reply.

4. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I welded the CR bracket on my super mini z directly to the trailer hitch then drilled a center hole. Now I can mount the cr, use the center hole for a cart I have, or put a ball in the center hole and trailer something as well. The height is about 11.5 inches or so.