1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody race?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Outlawn, May 31, 2013.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

Sweet stang. I wanna get those same wheels and some stickys so I can go to the track to finally see what my car will run. If I'm luckly maybe by late august I will slow down with my work enough I can actually start my car.:laugh:

2. thompsonslawncare

thompsonslawncare LawnSite Member

I sold out in 2010 but here was my racer.

racing 09.jpg

3. wilsonsground

wilsonsground LawnSite Member

Pulling truck..

484793_4981081127929_1954934362_n.jpg

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

What all you got done to it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. wilsonsground

wilsonsground LawnSite Member

Just an SCT custom tune so far. I finally found someone that ll write a DPF delete tune, they want to see the truck from the front, on the track w no license plate before they'll do it. I just bought it in end of March this year. Itll have exhaust soon and eventually I want to do bigger turbos and injectors.

6. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Those DPF's are hard to come by now. My brother-in-law owns a diesel shop and apparently can get them from up north (canada). I think he quoted like $2000 out the door for a 2011 Cummins the other day. That was with the exhaust piping, flash, and install. I have the good 'ol 7.3 with a cat-less MBRP 4" turbo back, an intake, and TS Performance 6-position custom chip good for up to 140hp. Shift on the fly is way better than the SCT flash tuner I used to have.

7. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a couple pics of my brother in law's co-owned Cummins-powered Stang. This is the one with three Precision 83mm turbos. The other is nestled down under the piping on the passenger side of the motor
    And then a cummins powered ranger sitting at my brother in law's shop right now.
    He also has a Dodge SRT-10 that had a big Kenne-Bell blower on it, but the guy opted to pull the V10 and put in a 24v cummins lol.

cumstang.JPG

cumstang2.JPG

Ranger.JPG

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  8. AmericanLawn&Landscape

AmericanLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

i don't race cars.. besides on the street:laugh:, but i sure do love them!
    here's my and my dads 70 mach 1 mustang we just got done restoring. 351 Cleveland, edelbrock cam, flowmaster 10 series exhaust. And my 87 mustang gt with a built 302 from California that i sold

87cobra.jpg

mustang1.jpg

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

For that race what type of money do you drop into these ventures? I dont race, never been to a race but enjoy watching nascar etc on tv from time-time.

10. Kurt6845

Kurt6845 LawnSite Member

Thompson, where's that at? I'm from the 717 area, just up the street from susquehanna.