Anybody race?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Outlawn, May 31, 2013.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

Sweet stang. I wanna get those same wheels and some stickys so I can go to the track to finally see what my car will run. If I'm luckly maybe by late august I will slow down with my work enough I can actually start my car.:laugh:

2. thompsonslawncare

thompsonslawncare LawnSite Member

I sold out in 2010 but here was my racer.

racing 09.jpg

3. wilsonsground

wilsonsground LawnSite Member

Pulling truck..

484793_4981081127929_1954934362_n.jpg

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

What all you got done to it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. wilsonsground

wilsonsground LawnSite Member

Just an SCT custom tune so far. I finally found someone that ll write a DPF delete tune, they want to see the truck from the front, on the track w no license plate before they'll do it. I just bought it in end of March this year. Itll have exhaust soon and eventually I want to do bigger turbos and injectors.

6. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Those DPF's are hard to come by now. My brother-in-law owns a diesel shop and apparently can get them from up north (canada). I think he quoted like $2000 out the door for a 2011 Cummins the other day. That was with the exhaust piping, flash, and install. I have the good 'ol 7.3 with a cat-less MBRP 4" turbo back, an intake, and TS Performance 6-position custom chip good for up to 140hp. Shift on the fly is way better than the SCT flash tuner I used to have.

7. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a couple pics of my brother in law's co-owned Cummins-powered Stang. This is the one with three Precision 83mm turbos. The other is nestled down under the piping on the passenger side of the motor
    And then a cummins powered ranger sitting at my brother in law's shop right now.
    He also has a Dodge SRT-10 that had a big Kenne-Bell blower on it, but the guy opted to pull the V10 and put in a 24v cummins lol.

cumstang.JPG

cumstang2.JPG

Ranger.JPG

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  8. AmericanLawn&Landscape

AmericanLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

i don't race cars.. besides on the street:laugh:, but i sure do love them!
    here's my and my dads 70 mach 1 mustang we just got done restoring. 351 Cleveland, edelbrock cam, flowmaster 10 series exhaust. And my 87 mustang gt with a built 302 from California that i sold

87cobra.jpg

mustang1.jpg

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

For that race what type of money do you drop into these ventures? I dont race, never been to a race but enjoy watching nascar etc on tv from time-time.

10. Kurt6845

Kurt6845 LawnSite Member

Thompson, where's that at? I'm from the 717 area, just up the street from susquehanna.