Anybody race?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Outlawn, May 31, 2013.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

'99 Civic SI at VIR

a.jpg

b.jpg

2. APLUS LAWN CARE

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

Love the 'stang! Amazing...

3. thompsonslawncare

thompsonslawncare LawnSite Member

Kurt ..

That is where I raced. SSP

4. jarabe1

jarabe1 LawnSite Member

If you enjoy the most boring thing ever speed related, you are going to have a blast even trying lawn mower racing

5. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Including what I paid for the car originally, I've probably got about $10K in my Stang, and more to go. The Lightning has about $9K in it without the cost of the truck.

6. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

It doesn't race yet.... I have a 1967 International Harvester 1300 dually with a Cummins 12v fully built, Suncoast 5spd trans fully built. Needs some attention and not on the road yet...was nothing more then a money pit lol

7. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 1972 mustang this was my first car I bought it in 1984 for $500 drove it to school. I built my first engine in 1986 it was a 302 I got it to run 7.90s with that engine . Then I built a 372 and back halfed the car and got 6.50s out of it then built a 408 with dart heads and alky injection I got it in the 6.30s still wasn't satisfied so in 1996 I had a full chassis built got some trick flow heads for the 408 and got it in the 6.00s well my current engine is a 438 alky injected Tfs heads Jesel rockers billit crank and rods roller cam bearing 15.4 compression 736 lift cam shaft and JE pistons and more it runs 5.70s with a 1.24 60 ft. In the 1/8 mile. I haven't got to race since I started my lawn service I have just been to busy. These are the only pictures I had on my iPad. image.jpg

image.jpg

8. kmzlawncare

image.jpg heres another picture

image.jpg

9. kmzlawncare

I guess there is only a few of us that race. This was a good thread very interesting nice to see all the different stuff u guys race.:usflag:

10. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member