Anybody race?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Outlawn, May 31, 2013.

1. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

love the foxbodys, that mint one looks great.

I used to love 1/4 mile racing, but after a few seasons got tired of driving two hours each way to the track and back, got tired of fixing broken stuff, and realized it was pretty much throwing money away...sure was fun though!

I started out racing 8 valve 4 cyl turbo volvo's, had a junkyard parts built car with 225k miles running consistent 14.1 passes. That was fun and surprised a lot of people in 2002 back when a low 14sec street car was quick, made some money with that one.
    Then in 2004 I switched to a lt4 powered/ t56 trans 87 wagon(341whp), best run was 12.9 @111 with an open diff and stock rear end on street tires. I haven't been to the track since 2007, man time flies. A lot of my lawn mowing profits were spent on building this car and racing in that time period, had a lot fun, but kind of grew out of it. Still have the blue wagon, but I have been debating selling it the past few years... after seeing and sitting in a new c7, I think my mind is made up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. S&S Lawn ServiceLLC

S&S Lawn ServiceLLC LawnSite Member

Yep,drag racer here.I race my dads car which is a 79 Malibu,runs 6.80's in the 1/8th.I had a 87 Monte Carlo street driven that ran 7.70s but sold it which was probably the biggest mistake ive ever made.You can check out my rides via my Facebook page,Shawn Libs.Id post the pics here but dont have any on my laptop and cant post from my phone unless somebody can tell me how..haha
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

GNCC/Harescramble ATV racing count? This toy is actually for sale right now because I need to expand the business.

resize2.jpg

resize3.jpg

resize.jpg

4. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Just had her at the dyno in October- 688 RWHP- shes fun!!

Vortech Supercharger
    Cam
    Meth injection

2008 Corvette.jpg

5. Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons LawnSite Member

I use to drag race and street race my 1970 chevy nova, but know im involve in dirt racing i dont race but help a good friend. He's in the dirt late model national hall of fame. Notice simmons lawn care on the rear quater panel. Its great when he goes on the track most announcer 's says the number 5 Simmons Lawn Care sponsor Ronnie Johnson.

jasons pics aug 2009 009.jpg

ronnie3.jpg

6. Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons LawnSite Member

some more pictures

images.jpg

boyd.jpg

7. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

8. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hell yea guys, keep the pics coming.
    I just got the heads back on my mustang after burning 2 intake valves. Hope to get the rest of the top end of the motor together today since it's snowing out, lol.
    Also, I'm taking the Lightning to get tuned at the end of the month, as well as going to a gas vs diesel truck race in San Antonio. Should be fun :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

A friend and I are building an 87 RX-7

IMG_3403_Edited.jpg

IMG_3409_Edited_Edited.JPG

IMG_3378_Edited_Edited.jpg

IMG_3404_Edited_Edited.jpg

IMG_3375_Edited_Edited.jpg

IMG_3407_Edited_Edited.jpg

10. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Lol I'm confused. Are you putting a 13B turbo in it or a 14A? Too many front clips floating around lol. Put a 20B 3-rotor out of a Cosmo in that hoe!
    One of my long time family friends was into RX-7's. He had an 88 and an 89. Cool cars. I have another buddy with a Gen II, but it's got a Chevy 350 in it! Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device