Anybody race?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Outlawn, May 31, 2013.

1. sharperimagelawns

sharperimagelawns LawnSite Member

I don't race, never been able to justify spending the money. But I am a diehard fan of our local track Bowman Gray Stadium. My brother in law was featured on the History Channel show "Madhouse" about asphalt modifieds at the same track, which draws an average weekly attendance of about 15,000. It's not your average local track to say the least. So I am kind of on the "inside" I guess you would say, hanging around the race shops, etc. So my question is this: I have been presented with numerous offers to trade mowing service for sponsorships on some of these hotrods. What do you guys think about that? Good deal, terrible deal? In between? Ive never done it b/c Im not sure it would draw the type of customers I am looking for, but who knows.

2. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Thinking about autocrossing this....

[​IMG]

3. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Here she is today after getting washed and buffed. I just added 20% tint and chrome Mach 1 wheels also.

waxed Mach 1.jpg

4. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Sorry too many pics, the 3rd gen front clip was just where we picked up the rest of the stuff. We are building a turbo 13B for the car, we pulled out the N/A 13B to. a 350 would be fun but its not that kind of car. Mazda's are rotary powered cars so thats how we want it to say. Its a track car. I wanted to 3 rotor it so bad but its out of the budget. We might bridge port this motor soon.

5. PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC

PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC LawnSite Gold Member

6. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I'm starting to see a lot of these little Fiat's around here. How do you like yours?

7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

My Monte when I first got it together a few years ago. Has a 350 with a 88mm turbo. The car was taken down to the frame and rebuilt, I still haven't gotten the paint done though, I've always just worried about upgrading for speed than looks, but hopefully next winter I'll find someone to do the paint.

048.JPG

8. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Very happy with it so far, at 940 miles. Parked for the winter, but plenty are using them in snow with appropriate tires. The thing should have a kickstand, as it's a ton-o-fun like a supermoto.

9. beatsworking

beatsworking LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Want to start auto crossing this, just run backroads now at the speed limit of course

Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 8.51.43 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 8.52.20 PM.jpg

10. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Nice V-dub.