anybody run a bunton walkbehind......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutnitclose, Apr 28, 2005.

1. I've heard a lot of good things about them, so I bought one today, just wondering if anybody runs one and if they like it

2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2000 54" Bunton w/b. Fixed deck. I've been real happy with it. Leaves a nice cut and stripes well. Did you get a w/b or a ZTR? Is it brand new? Good luck with it.

3. yea it is new... kind wierd, it is belt driven with the ztr handle I drove the demo and sseemed to stear just like my toro proline It felt good turning, the onlt thing is I think I may remove the sulky and put my turf glider on it and put the sulky on my proline... My plan is to put my proline up for a back-up, because it is an older model, and run my zmaster and the Bunton....it is a 48 cut and a 17Ho Kaw. and floating deck

4. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Good durable mowers. Little pricey and a little difficult to work on but all in all i'd give them a A-

5. thanx for the info... the handle really tripped me out until I drove/rode one

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

haven't usd their walkbehinds but, if they are built as well as the ztr's you"ll love it. I just ordered my 4th and 5th, great cut, stipes awesome with no kit, built well, very little down time with mine. If I were in the market for a walk behind it would be on my short list of ones to try. Enjoy!!!

7. thanx for the info... I'm very very small time, I'm a little pup compared to you big dogs... I just started mowing last year, and I'm just trying to get going.. I really appreciate the info...

8. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend has a 32" with the honda. IMHO the honda is WAY UNDERPOWERED. I know this because I have so far put about 75 hours on this machine (more then my friend has)

9. lol..... I hope the one I bought has enough get up and go to get the job done

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I had a bunton bullet as my first mower. After that joke, I will never buy another bunton unless its the old school varible speed drives.