1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anybody running an older Case w11B?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by IHI, Feb 10, 2007.

1. IHI

IHI LawnSite Member

:waving: I was out and about with my skidsteer search the other day and ran into a place that had a mid 80s w11b. I stopped and tested her out and it impressed me. It had about 3600 hours and seemed to be in decent shape. I just don't know how long one of these usually last and work out for general landscaping (mulch/dirt/rock/flagstone/etc..)? If you have one or had one, your input is appreciated. How much should one be going for? I saw some on the net and they've ranged from 12k to 24k. Hmmm...
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Never run one but the size of the 11 would make it handy for landscaping. I don't know if it would be as versatile as a skid steer but in the right application it would work nicely
  3. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a W18 back in the mid 80's that was used mostly for plowing snow. We didn't keep it long enough to tell you how long it would last. For doing dirtwork (mainly loading trucks) it wasn't as effecient as our backhoe or crawler loader. Mostly because it was just too big, and didn't get as good of traction in mud.

If you were thinking of using it on pavement to move material around, it would be great. You couldn't ask for a better machine to plow snow with. That W18 was a hoss, especially with a 10 ft. blade on the front!:weightlifter:

The W11 would be a nice compliment to a skid steer, but you're probably better served going with a skid as your main machine.