Anybody running John Deere JA62's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K&L Landscaping, Feb 18, 2006.

1. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I need to replace some of my JD JX75s but don't really want to spend $750 each for the JX75. I was just browsing through deere.com and came across the JA62. Anybody have any experience with these units? I already don't like the idea of a 2-speed transmission though.

2. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 63 modles.I tell you what they are the best damn push mower I have ever used. Nuff Said!!

3. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Really, how durable have they been? I know the JA62 isn't the designated commercial mower from JD, I just wonder how they will handle the rigors of commercial use.

4. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I have not had any problems out of mine I had to adjust the drive cable once on one that is it. We use them about every day. We use 21 mowers alot more than most people would but We do alot of banks and use them around the building to keep noise down and not cause such a scene. I think it looks better any ways on small Island and there is not such a mess.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I must admit, I hated mine. Briggs and Stratton would never start if it got wet (rain). Both cables broke. Drive system sounded like it was about to self-destruct when I finally sold it for $40.

I bought a Husquvarna at Lowe's just to get me through the summer last year and it has been great. Ball-bearing wheels, hydrostatic, and Honda powered. Not bad for $400.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

If your worried about price, go get yourself a Honda homeowner model, they will hold up. Ive got three all homeowner model, one going on its 8th season, one going on its 6th season, and another i just bought a couple weeks ago. Toro homeowner models won't stand up to commercial use. Honda Harmony II single speed self-propeled with quadracut and bag will run you around $400. just my .02