Anybody start round 1 yet?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by greg6775, Feb 8, 2008.

1. greg6775

greg6775 LawnSite Member
    from ky

Anybody start round 1 yet? I was thinking about next week mid 40 next week.

2. The Rookie

The Rookie LawnSite Senior Member

I started in my front yard last week with preemergent crabgrass. I had a problem with poa anna last year in late winter. I read the bag and it said it was to keep weeds, crabgrass, and poa anna from germinating. I am trying this and keeping records to see how effective this early application works. All the resources say that applying prem/fertilizer this early is not good but so far, my fescue bluegrass mix yard is enjoying the meal. However, I usually overseed my yard every fall regardless of what I do. These hot dry summers wreak havoc on cool season grasses even when irrigated. Hopefully the weather will not get too cold between now and spring.

3. Mike75

Mike75 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I am in Oklahoma, and have bermuda, and the weeds are showing pretty bad. What do I do?

4. The Rookie

The Rookie LawnSite Senior Member

If it was my yard I would spot treat the weeds with roundup, being carfull not to spray anything else. But weedkillers seem not to work very good this time of year. I am always trying new stuff in my yard though, and have learned alot by just trying stuff.

5. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Starting on Monday with 0-0-7 Dimension in SC.

6. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

You guys are lucky!!! We still have several months and oh look it is snowing out right now... Hmmmmm the joys of living in NE

7. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Whoaa Boats: You'll be inside a nice warm warehouse watch the snow people wrapped up like Eskimos and some of us will be out spreading pre-em in 70 degree weather dodging all of those yellow flowers wondering when those buds will open on the trees. Being near the ocean air don't help either!!!!
    Roy

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I saw a Tru-Green sign today here in MN.....

I guess I probably should have taken a picture of it for proof.

At a commercial location south of Minneapolis.

Barely stuck up above the 5" of snow on the property.

9. the.hines

the.hines LawnSite Member

boats 47 you must be in the guard

10. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I dont plan to start till March weather permitting!