anybody use a cyclone rake with a ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Oct 18, 2008.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got all the info on the cyclone rake. Looks impressive as I have a few huge leaf jobs. However all the pictures and videos show a lawn tractor pulling the rake. Has anybody used this rake with a ZTR? I have a lazer and I'm not about to go out and get the ultravac for 3 grand.

2. RLLServicesCT

RLLServicesCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

Yes, They have special mounting brackets for the ZTR. I got a brochure in the mail and if you give them the serial #, model, co. etc.. they will match it up. With the ZTR you will have a 3 point hitch I believe, so you can turn fully with it attached. Should work good if you do decide to get one. Call the Co. for more details maybe?

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

4. thu cutting edge

thu cutting edge LawnSite Senior Member

i use one with my turf tiger and it works wonders. but remember to take wide turns!!!

5. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

My Cyclone Rake gets towed by the 52" Lazer Z HP shown in my avatar. Been using it for a few years now. I've often wondered why Woodland doesn't show ZTRs in their ads pulling the CR, but yes, it works and works well. Keep in mind that I'm just a homeowner, but I guess that shouldn't matter to you. Sorry I don't have a photo, but maybe I'll snap one when I hook them together in a few weeks.

6. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks Larry. that's what I wanted to know.

7. George Mason

George Mason LawnSite Member

My friend runs one on his Gravely 260 and really thinks its a strong unit. He has had it for several years now, no issues, made lots of money. I have a trac-vac system I am going to have fitted to my new Gravely 260. A different beast, but its really strong on the old lawn tractor I pulled it with for years. I might not even bother switching it over to my Z.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

9. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I use a commander pro behind my Ferris 1000Z and my son-in-law uses one with his Scag ZTR. We both think that they are great. Transport is the only problem and not to practical for small properties.

10. macgyer58

macgyer58 LawnSite Member

Larry, I'm a homeowner and am considering purchasing a cyclone rake to use with my ZTR. Just wondering if you wnet with the hose to suck the leaves out of the planting beds or are you using a blower for the beds? Thanks