anybody use a ferris ztr with the indp susp?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pete studer, Aug 3, 2006.

1. pete studer

pete studer LawnSite Member

any body out there using a ferriss with the ind. front susp.? i do all the mowing at one of the nicest complexes in my town. it's 92 unit complex on 20-25 acres. i mow all of it every week except about 4 acres every week, and they supply the mowing equipment, right now i have a P.O.S. toro with a 18hp koehler and a 44 inch deck what a joke!!! i talked them into a ferris with a 25hp. kaw,with a 61 inch deck, that has indp. susp. any body use one of these? i demo'd one and it seemed bad ass!!! let me know, pete
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have 3, love the ride and cut.
  3. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I have a 1500 25 hp. 52" cut, can't complain about it at all. My brother last week cut his lawn with it and was sold. He said he liked the ride and cut.
  4. rough cut

rough cut LawnSite Member

I got the 5000 w/72" deck and 34HP gas. Dropped the tire pressure both front and rear to 12 PSI to help with the really rough stuff. I cut former orange grove and cattle pasture area that is pure HELL! I've seen gopher turtle holes deep enough to lose cows in and this Z will drop a front wheel down in, hit the other side and just keep going. The cut is really pretty good and the front coil over springs really do a great job of smoothing things out. If your cutting just around houses and such, it will be great. After all day in the drivers seat you won't be as stiff and sore as a regular Z with only a suspension seat. The rodfather is the one to really hit up with all your questions. Seems like he has a whole stable full of Ferris mowers and Z's. You might want to P.M. him with your other questions.
  5. pete studer

pete studer LawnSite Member

thanks alot, they seem like a beast to me!!! and a lot nicer ride. plus the kawi has a lot of power vs. the 18 hp koehler, it's gutless!!! and it has only about 280 hrs. on it. later, pete